Some of the YouTube comments include "I nearly caused an electrical fire" and "My son just did this and blew out the power in half the our house".
State Fire Marshal Peter Ostroskey issued a warning Tuesday saying the stunt could damage electrical systems or spark a fire.
According to Ostroskey, there have been at least two confirmed incidents regarding the challenge so far within MA: one house fire in the city of Holden, and one burned-out electrical socket and frazzled wiring system at a high school in Westford. "These actions are also grounds for criminal charges".
China virus toll jumps to 25 dead with 830 confirmed cases
There have been confirmed cases in Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan, all from travelers who went to Wuhan. Professor Murphy said he was confident NSW Health would be able to cope with any confirmed cases.
Gwyneth Paltrow Explains How Her Sold-Out ‘Vagina’ Candle Came To Be
The candle , created by Heretic and sold on Goop , trended and made headlines last week for its unexpected name and $75 price tag. Well now it seems as though fans and consumers have answers thanks to Paltrow's latest late-night admission.
India offers to host Olympic qualifiers after Wuhan suffers from cornavirus epidemic
New Delhi to host Qualifiers? It is led by Morinari Watanabe , an IOC member and International Gymnastics Federation head.
"It would appear the students had seen this on a video through social media", Police Chief Michael E. Botieri said in the statement.
Several fire departments in the state - including the one in Holden which dealt with the house fire there - have also released advisories about the purported TikTok Challenge. Photos shared by the Plymouth Fire Department show the penny fused to the charger. While the Office of the State Fire Marshal has received no reported incidents within Maryland thus far, the agency has been notified by authorities of two incidents in MA. No one was injured in the incident.
Students involved in the fire at Westford Academy will be facing charges. In the hallway outside the classroom, school officials found another outlet that was scorched and filled with metal wires.
Parents are being advised to look for signs of their kids participating in this challenge, and to have a conversation with them about fire and electrical safety.
These videos are a concern and similar to past viral videos that encourage unsafe behavior.