The head of the US Department of Commerce Wilbur Ross said that Washington will give companies a license to sell their products to a Chinese manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in the case that it does not threaten USA national security. Its founder, Ren Zhengfei, said in June the company has cut sales forecasts by $30 billion over the next two years due to curbs on access to USA chips and other components.
Liang continued to say that although the situation was less volatile than previous months, and that a supposed relaxation of the restriction would be welcome, he still believed Huawei should not be on the United States government's so-called Entity List at all.
In an interview, Huawei chairman Liang Hua said, "So far we haven't seen any tangible change", according to the Associated Press. "Our stance is that the entity list should be lifted completely".
"Huawei will definitely survive and it will get better and better", Liang said at the company's headquarters in Shenzhen.
Like Trump and other high-level USA officials, Ross did not specify a time frame or elaborate on what constitutes a national security threat.
Wimbledon 2019: Serena Williams’ coach warns her about ‘dangerous’ Simona Halep
But she got off to a nightmare start as Halep broke twice to race into a 4-0 lead. It was a little bit "a deer in the headlights" for me", Williams said.
Antoine Griezmann: FC Barcelona sign French striker for €120 million
The two clubs met in Madrid last Thursday, but it quickly became apparent that Atletico would not accept a payment plan. Griezmann joined Atletico from Real Sociedad in 2014 and scored 133 goals in 256 appearances.
Boeing 737 Max chief to retire amid executive shuffle
United Airlines expects to cancel more than 8,000 flights through October because of the grounding of its Boeing 737 Max planes. Lindblad will be replaced by Mark Jenks, a vice president overseeing possible development of a new mid-size plane.
Huawei says it has not seen any positive changes to the restrictions placed on it, despite words to the contrary from President Donald Trump recently.
Huawei looks to launch its own smartphone operating system as early as this fall to replace Android OS, which Google may be barred from supporting under the USA restrictions. "We haven't decided yet if the Hongmeng OS can be developed as a smartphone operating system in the future", he said.
The US has been raising concerns for the past few months that Huawei might be posing a national security threat and could also be used by the Chinese Government as a backdoor for spying.
"Our companies should not be at a disadvantage to others that are already selling to Huawei", he said.