Google has now apologised, and suspended the automated email service in question.
"Work on how suppression orders will be upheld in the digital age will continue".
Andrew described the online behemoth's one-paragraph response to Wellington's concerns, which indicated no action was pending, as "contemptible" and "extraordinarily disrespectful".
/Public Release. View in full here.
Today, Young wrote back to Little apologising "for the miscommunication on Tuesday" and saying that Little's statements that day had prompted Google to suspend its Google Trends emails for New Zealand subscribers.
Google agreed on Friday to change how it publishes New Zealand news after top officials in Wellington lashed the USA tech giant for breaching court suppression orders in a high-profile murder case.
Israeli police brace for more protests after teen's death
Riot police scuffled with some of Tuesday's protesters in a bid to free up back-logged traffic. Tens of thousands of Ethiopian Jews were brought to Israel in the 1980s and 1990s.
Nokia 9 PureView to launch in India next, company shares new teaser
Design wise, you can see that the phone comes with the standard brick-like chassis that you might have seen on the Nokia 7.1 Plus. As for the cameras, the Weibo user posted an image showing different camera megapixel modes which displays a 48MP mode too.
Plane makes emergency landing in Boston after fire on board
Massachusetts State Police said a battery pack for a cell phone charger stuffed between the seats may have been to blame. None of the passengers was injured from the incident, but one refused treatment for a smoke-related complaint.
Millane, 22, was killed in December shortly after arriving in Auckland on holiday. "I look forward to constructive engagement with Google and other multinational tech corporations on long term solutions", Little said.
"If Google aren't going to change then I have to find a way to put pressure on them through the legal system or through worldwide agreements".
Earlier this week, Mr Little criticised the search engine for failing to take action over automatically generated search highlights, which breached suppression orders relating to a man accused of murdering Grace Millane. An email from the company's New Zealand government affairs manager Ross Young reported by The Guardian said changes did not need to be made as the case was "relatively unique ... involving a person from overseas, which was extensively reported by overseas media".
"This means that people will no longer receive emails on any trending searches for New Zealand and provides even further assurance against any recurrence".
After the accused's court appearance in December past year, Google sent out alerts by email to consumers of trending headlines from around the world, one included the name of the suppressed murder accused.
The accused is set to go to trial in November.