In a report by Spanish newspaper El País, Health officials who inspected the restaurant determined that 26 other diners had also experienced symptoms of food-poisoning, but were unable to find any concrete causes for the outbreak.
The 46-year-old woman, who has not been named, became ill after having a meal at the Riff restaurant in Valencia with her husband and son.
Calvo ordered a dish of rice and Morchella mushrooms.
She soon started suffering reported bouts of vomiting and diarrhea, and died early Sunday at her home. Her husband and son were also taken ill, but are said to be recovering, according to reports by The Guardian.
However, it will not be possible to confirm whether she died from poisoning or asphyxiation from particles of vomit in her lungs until a post-mortem examination is carried out.
The fungi, known as "true morels", are a delicacy in France but can not be eaten raw as they contain a powerful toxin, hydrazine.
Xbox To Start Publishing Games On Nintendo Switch
Coming from Direct-Feed Games, a reputable rumor mill, Microsoft and Nintendo are allegedly working together on this project. But Game Informer also cites its own sources as saying that Xbox Game Pass on Switch could be announced "this year".
Examinations will provide needed 'airing' on SNC-Lavalin controversy: Trudeau
Justice committee member and Liberal MP Iqra Khalid makes her way to a committee meeting in Ottawa, Tuesday February 19, 2019. She refused, and shortly later was demoted by Trudeau to the Veterans Affairs portfolio, which she has since resigned from.
Almost 70 people diagnosed with measles in Oregon, Washington outbreak
Measles, caused by a virus that infects the respiratory tract, can be passed through direct contact and through the air.
Camera IconRiFF restaurant in Valencia.Picture: Google. The restaurant sent samples of the fungi used that night to Spain's National Toxicology and Forensic Science Institute for further testing. "I have made the decision that the restaurant remains closed until the causes of what happened are established".
Bernd H Knöller, the head chef and owner of RiFF, said he's working with officials to figure out what happened.
Regional health chief Ana Barceló confirmed the woman's death to El Pais, and said a primary inspection of RiFF found things to be "normal".
He said on Twitter that two dinners with Austrian chef Richard Rauch as part of the Valencia Culinary Festival scheduled for February 26 and 27 have been canceled. It opened in 2001 and earned its first Michelin star in 2009, one of the highest culinary honors in the world a restaurant can receive.