The future now for Huawei is much less certain, with the US Government making clear that it's expectation is that these licences or extensions may not be granted in future.
Speaking earlier on Sunday, National Economic Council director Larry Kudlow said the Commerce department would extend the Huawei licensing process for three months as a gesture of "good faith" amid broader trade negotiations with China.
Huawei had now been joined by 46 affiliates on the Entity List - a us economic blacklist that some say is also harming American public companies.
According to estimates by the Rural Wireless Association, which represents 55 member companies, the total cost for small US wireless carriers to replace the equipment of Huawei and other Chinese providers would amount to 800 million to 1 billion USA dollars.
The Commerce Department has expanded its ban on imports from Chinese tech behemoth Huawei by adding 46 affiliate companies in 25 countries - including in a number of United States allies - to the black list; while also extending the deadline for consumers to comply with the ban from August 19 to November 18.
The U.S. has long anxious that Huawei's equipment could be used by Beijing to conduct espionage activities, claims the company denies.
In an interview with The Associated Press at Huawei's sprawling, leafy headquarters campus in the southern city of Shenzhen, the 74-year-old Ren said Huawei expects USA curbs on most technology sales to go ahead despite Monday's announcement of a second 90-day delay.
The suspension of the ban does not signal a change in U.S. concerns that Huawei equipment poses a national security threat or lift a general prohibition on the use of its 5G systems in the United States.Читайте также: West Nile virus affects Swiss blood supply
However, Mr Ross added a further 46 Huawei affiliates would now be added to the US Entity List, a blacklist of firms with which the US will not trade.
Huawei, as a result has been dragged into the trade war between the USA and China as both nations are competing strongly to gain global supremacy over 5G technologies. We call on the United States Government to end this unfair treatment and eliminate Huawei from the Entity List.
The Trump administration has extended a limited reprieve on USA technology sales to Huawei, even as questions remain over how much of an effect broader sanctions are having on the Chinese technology giant.
This will allow the company to continue trading with USA companies in order to service and finish up work with current customers. It tried to develop own operating system to extricate from the reliance on Google's Android.
The U.S.is likely to make an official announcement over the next few hours. That allowed telecom carriers in rural areas to continue using Huawei equipment and Google to provide only key Android security updates to Huawei phones.
"There is no impact at all on Huawei's business", he said.
Without Android or the numerous American silicon, technology and consultancy suppliers that Huawei does business with, many of its most promising product lines would either cease their rapid growth or be thwarted entirely.
Meanwhile, on Fox Business on Monday, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross claimed that Chinese vendors have borne "all or part of the hit" from Trump's tariffs on Chinese-made goods.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог