A day after a British tabloid published video purporting to show Prince Andrew seeing off a young woman at billionaire Jeffrey Epstein's Manhattan mansion in 2010, Buckingham Palace released a statement saying the Duke of York is "appalled" by Epstein's crimes.
Prince Andrew has said he is "appalled" by the sex abuse claims surrounding his former friend Jeffrey Epstein.
"His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behavior is abhorrent, "according to the BBC". He had pled not guilty to sex trafficking and conspiracy charges, and was held without bail.
The American financier and billionaire was found dead at the New York Metropolitan correctional centre (MCC) this month.
The New York medical examiner ruled his death was a "suicide by hanging".
On Friday, some staffers at the jail were not cooperating with investigators from the Department of Justice. Epstein struck a deal, however, to plead guilty in 2008 to the Florida state felony prostitution charge, and register as a sex offender. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the lacked authorization to publicly discuss the investigation.Читайте также: Yemen rebels claim drone attacks on Saudi oilfield
The accusation was made in documents from a 2015 defamation case.
The Mail on Monday said the prince had hosted Epstein at Balmoral, Queen Elizabeth II's home in Scotland, in 1999 at a time when the monarch may have been in residence.
What emerged in the days that followed, however, was not evidence of a sinister plot, but early signs that prison staff failed to properly secure and monitor a prisoner, leading to ferocious criticism by everyone from Attorney General William Barr to Epstein's lawyers.
Epstein was accused of paying girls under the age of 18 to perform sex acts at his Manhattan and Florida mansions between 2002 and 2005.
They are demanding video footage from the federal prison holding the USA financier, who was due to be tried for trafficking and sexually abusing underage girls.
In the 2011 Vanity Fair interview, the unnamed source claimed Andrew refused to cut ties with Epstein after the pair were notoriously photographed walking through Central Park together. The Duke of York had been under pressure to make a statement due to his widely known friendship with Epstein.
She said she had sex with him again in NY and on Epstein's private island in the Caribbean.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог