"The six patients who developed Aspergillus infections were at higher risk of infection due to the types of procedures they had", Alyse Bernal, the manager, said.
On Wednesday, the hospital confirmed to Fox News that one patient was dead because of potentially risky mold.
Bernal told The Times in May that Children's was contacting 3,000 patients who had surgery in the four months leading up to the May 18 closure and advising them to watch for infection symptoms.
The Children's Hospital patient died after developing an Aspergillus infection in 2018, Bernal stated. While the hospital works with outside industrial hygienists to clear the rooms of Aspergillus contamination, all 14 of the hospital's main operating rooms remain closed, Bernal said.
By May 24, though, the hospital had closed its other 10 operating rooms, which Del Beccaro said was necessary to fix the facility's air system. "Seattle Children's is committed to maintaining a safe environment for our patients, and we will reopen our operating rooms when we are confident they are safe for patient care".
Other medical centers are working with the children's hospital to take over the most urgent disrupted surgeries, Del Beccaro said, but that's still left more than 1,000 patients with their operations postponed.Читайте также: Atletico Madrid break club record for Felix
Aspergillus is a common mold found outdoors and indoors, and people breathe it daily without getting sick, according to the CDC.
"The six patients who developed Aspergillus infections were at higher risk of infection due to the types of procedures they had". Aspergillosis can range from mild to serious, manifesting as an allergic reaction or infections in the lungs and other organs.
Gaps in air filtration is believed to have been key in the presence of mold, Bernal stated.
A patient at Seattle Children's Hospital has died from a fungus infection. In May, representatives from the hospital told KIRO Radio that the risk to patients from the mold was "very low".
The operating rooms were initially shut down on May 18, after air tests detected a potentially risky fungus known as Aspergillus.
The CDC provided its expertise and "ultimately determined that Children's was taking the right approach to address the situation at that time", Apa wrote to The Post, saying that neither Apa's department nor the CDC produced reports. In mid-May, it was detected in four operating rooms and some equipment-storage rooms during a routine check, Bernal said.
The operating rooms will remain closed until they are safe, said Bernal. It's also deep-cleaned its rooms and started disinfecting surfaces with ultraviolet light, she said.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог