Michelle Brown said her family had arrived in Destin amid a couple of days of stormy weather on June 7.
Later, "I had to put her on my back and carry her around", she said.
According to Brown, her daughter's condition worsened the next day and she needed four different antibiotics to fight the infection.
Necrotizing fasciitis, more commonly known as "flesh-eating disease", is a rare but extremely vicious bacterial infection.
'We learned Kylei had a very serious infection and the surgery to remove the infection was to try to save her leg, but most importantly her life, ' Michelle said in a Facebook post. For diagnosis followed by emergency surgery, during which doctors found a vacuum on the leg of the girl who was supposed to suck the infection.
Doctors believed she had a blood clot, but "her blood pressure was just continuously dropping", Michelle told the station.
Kylei spent about a week in the hospital and was sent home, where she is now recovering.
The family reached out to Kylei's doctor on the way back to IN and were told to take Kylei to the emergency room. "She developed septic shock".
Then she went in for her first surgery to cut as much of it out as possible from her muscle lining.Читайте также: Paul Rudd Joins Ghostbusters 2020
Michelle now wants to warn others about the risks.
"We are taking this issue seriously and are working with the Alabama and IN departments of health to collect information on this case and determine if this was caused by a bacteria such as vibrio or any other reportable health condition, Emerson George, a spokesperson for the health department, said IN a email".
"Accurate diagnosis, rapid antibiotic treatment, and prompt surgery are important to stopping this infection. And doing that, they were trying to save her leg and save her because the infection was moving so rapidly", Brown told WKRG.
One in three people who get the flesh-eating disease die, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. "We take oral antibiotics, and intravenous antibiotics 3 times a day and pain meds every four hours", - said brown.
When they got back home, she was taken to the ER where doctors noticed a pocket of infection was behind her knee, making her condition, critical.
One day after spending an afternoon in the ocean, Kylei complained of pain in her calf.
A day at the beach turned into weeks of pain and agony for an IN girl after she contracted a flesh-eating disease during a trip to Florida.
"There are warning signs. but the time you are seeing the warning signs it's running rampant in your body and it does damage very, very quickly", said Brown. "I wanted to share her story in hopes that it may help save someone else".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог