United States internet giant Google, whose Android mobile operating system powers most of the world's smartphones, said on Sunday it was beginning to cut ties with China's Huawei, which Washington considers a national security threat.
It's worth remembering that to access 5G you'll need a new phone but there's already a few devices to choose from.
Huawei said in response that it recognised "the pressure" placed on its suppliers, and that it was "confident this regrettable situation can be resolved".
Japan's Panasonic Corp said on Thursday it has stopped shipments of certain components to Huawei Technologies to comply with USA restrictions on the Chinese company.
Google has barred Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system, meaning new designs of Huawei smartphones are set to lose access to some Google apps.
After ARM reportedly stopped all business dealings with Huawei because of technology being developed in the USA to comply with the order passed by the Trump administration in the United States, it's now Panasonic to seize dealing with the Chinese giant. In the wake of the US Government executive order that restricts US companies from doing business with the Chinese tech company, the repercussions are mounting.Читайте также: Daniel Craig to undergo ankle surgery after Bond set injury
"That guidance needs to come from them", he said.
Washington's restrictions affect products made fully or partially in the United States, where Panasonic manufactures some of the components it supplies to Huawei, the Japanese firm said.
Hardt said Germany knows how to manage the risk, and he noted that Germany's decision-making "will be independent of what Mr. Trump does".
German Chancellor Angela Merkel reiterated last week that Huawei technology would not be excluded from the competition. "France and Europe are pragmatic and realistic". BT Group's technology chief Howard Watson, however, said 5G would start before Huawei was totally removed from the core of its network.
Another major mobile carrier, NTT Docomo Inc., said the same day it will stop taking orders for the new Huawei handsets, although the company said last Thursday it will launch a new high-end Huawei model in the summer. Earlier this month, it indirectly triggered the resignation of the defense secretary, Gavin Williamson, amid fighting within Prime Minister Theresa May's government over how tough to be on Huawei.
The US government is also lobbying South Korea not to use Huawei.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог