The company seems to be keeping Smollett nearby but they haven't confirmed whether he'll be making his way back on the show.
What's even more weird about this is that by extending Jussie's option for the show's sixth season, they would likely have to pay him for the contract.
Smollett, 36, who is black and gay, ignited a firestorm by telling police on January 29 that two apparent supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump struck him, put a noose around his neck and poured bleach over him while yelling racist and homophobic slurs on a Chicago street.
Samsung Makes $16 000 Vertical TV for Instagram Posts
It features a simple mirroring function that lets you synchronize your mobile device display with the TV via NFC. The TV is only 2 inches thick and comes with various attachable framing options in wood grain and solid colors.
Hoosier statesman, Richard Lugar dies at 87
Lugar was born in Indianapolis on April 4, 1932 where he graduated first in his class at Shortridge High School. Hogsett said Lugar changed the face of the city of Indianapolis and "embodied the heart of our nation".
Leeds United chief Andrea Radrizzani ‘speechless’ at FA ruling
Villa players stopped playing expecting the ball to be kicked out of play, but instead Leeds carried on and scored. Should a two-game ban come into force ahead of Sunday's final league game in the Championship away at Ipswich.
The announcement, made Tuesday evening, should have been obvious, considering the show's performance, but it did contain a significant caveat: star Jussie Smollett and his character, Jamal Lyon, are not set to return.
Police claimed Smollett paid two brothers to stage the attack.
Smollett was spotted vacationing in Hawaii earlier this month after he had 16 felony disorderly conduct charges dropped against him in Chicago for his alleged role in a hate-crime scandal. "Most importantly he is grateful to Fox and Empire leadership, cast, crew and fans for their unwavering support", his rep said in a statement (via Variety). "We know there are so many more stories to tell, and we can't wait to see what they have in store for season six".
On April 11, the City of Chicago filed a $130,000 lawsuit against the 36-year-old actor in order to recoup the cost of the police investigation. We want to thank everyone on the show... all of whom have done a tremendous job this season.