A 29-year-old man from New Jersey has died from an infection of the "brain-eating amoeba" Naegleria fowleri, prompting a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) investigation into the Waco, Texas, water park he visited shortly before he fell ill. According to The Waco Tribune Herald, Fabrizio "Fab" Stabile passed away from an infection linked to Naegleria Fowleri, which is an extremely rare and deadly organism that targets the brain.
Naegleria fowleri can not be contracted by swallowing contaminated water, according to the CDC.
Meanwhile, the BSR Surf Resort voluntarily closed its doors until the results of the analysis determine whether the surfer was infected, or not, in the artificial wave pool.
The infection, which can cause a deadly infection called primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, usually occurs when contaminated water enters a person's nose, the CDC said. Only four people out of 143 have survived infection in the USA from 1962 to 2017, the CDC said.
Naegleria fowleri is commonly referred to as the "brain-eating amoeba".
'A Scary Time for Young Men.' President Trump Decries Sexual Assault Allegations
Trump said that the current situation meant that some men are "guilty until proven innocent". The senator said Kavanaugh would vote to overturn abortion and gay marriage rights.
Parcels sent to Pentagon suspected to contain ricin
The mail distribution center where the mail arrived and was flagged isn't in the Pentagon but nearby, the officials said. Earlier on Tuesday, the Pentagon confirmed that the mail was intercepted on Monday when it tested positive for ricin .
Trump calls Kavanaugh allegations 'scary time' for men falsely accused
Kavanaugh has denied claims of sexual misconduct by three different women - Ford, Deborah Ramirez and Julie Swetnick. In addition to pledging to vote against Manchin if he supports Kavanaugh, the grassroots group Vote with W.V.
"When his mother went to check on him in the early afternoon, Fabrizio could not get out of bed and could not speak coherently".
He died five days later and tested positive for Naegleria fowleri the day before his death, his family said.
Naegleria Fowleri is especially unsafe, proving fatal 97 percent of the time according to the CDC.
Samples from the pool have been collected for testing, with preliminary results expected later this week. An obituary in The Press of Atlantic City describes Stabile as an avid outdoorsman who loved fishing, surfing and snowboarding.
CDC spokeswoman Brittany Behm said the agency knows of no other patients linked to the Texas facility who have symptoms of the infection, which can start out with a headache, fever and nausea, and worsen into a stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance and seizures. Parsons added that his park follows all CDC "guidelines and recommendations concerning Naegleria fowleri".