The death toll from a suicide attack on Afghan protesters has soared to 68, officials said Wednesday, as violence flares across the country ahead of elections and a key Islamic holy day.
Tuesday's attack was marked by one of the highest death tolls in attacks in Afghanistan this year.
"All people killed were civilians in the attack", Khogyani said, adding a number of wounded were in critical condition.
Local media reported hundreds of protesters from Achin district gathered in Mohmand Dara district near the Jalalabad-Torkham highway when the bomber detonated explosives.
The UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan also condemned the series of bombings, and expressed its "mounting concern at the pattern of attacks targeting civilians and schools" in Nangarhar and its capital. The Taliban, the country's largest insurgency, denied involvement.
Redesigned Apple Watch Series 4 revolutionizes communication, fitness and health
No less importantly, the new Apple Watch comes with new accelerometer and gyroscope sensors that give it greater sensitivity. If aluminium is not your thing, then there's the stainless steel series, that come with their own matching Milanese band.
Jose Mourinho Eyeying $107 Million Deal For Juventus Superstar
However, despite being tempted by a new challenge, the defender explained that it wasn't easy for him to leave a club like Bayern Munich .
Carolinas brace for the worst as monstrous Hurricane Florence nears
A state of emergency has been declared in D.C. and in states, including Virginia and the Carolina's. Some forecasts were calling for more than 200 millimetres of rain in the western part of the state.
There has been no claim of responsibility for the massacre, but the Islamic State group, which has carried out most of the recent suicide bombings in Afghanistan, is active in the province. President Ashraf Ghani said in a statement that the ongoing "imposed war" is illegitimate and that attacks on civilian facilities, mosques, children, women and members of the public is a crime against humanity.
The attack came hours after smaller bombs targeted at least three schools in and around Jalalabad, killing a boy and wounding four people.
The fighting has tempered optimism that had been tentatively growing as Afghan and global players ratchet up efforts to convince the Taliban to negotiate an end to the 17-year conflict.
"Another explosion hit us and I was wounded (in the leg)". Two other blasts took place in Bihsud district early morning.
Afghan government forces have struggled to counter attacks from both the Taliban and the IS group since the withdrawal of most North Atlantic Treaty Organisation combat troops in 2014.