Moscow denied that it was behind the strikes.
Situation in war-ravaged Syria has turned tense as airstrikes on a village in Idlib, Syria's rebel-held province, have left at least 44 dead on Thursday, June 7, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Friday, June 8, Reuters reported.
Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman said the toll was rising because more bodies had been found under the rubble of houses destroyed in the air strikes. Reports were from the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) and the White Helmets rescue workers.
Air strikes in northwestern Syria on Thursday, thought to have been carried out by Russian Federation, killed 44 civilians including five children, according to a Britain-based monitor.
Government airstrikes in Syria have been relatively uncommon in recent months in the rebel-held province, which is part of a de-escalation zone agreed on past year by Russia, Turkey and Iran.Читайте также: From Anthony Bourdain to Avicii, celebrities who died in 2018
Northwestern Idlib region is the largest populated area of Syria still in the hands of groups opposed to the Damascus regime of Bashar al Assad.
The surge in attacks by I.S. comes at a time when the continued presence of US -led coalition forces in Syria is coming into question.
Twenty-one IS jihadists were also killed in that same period, including the 10 suicide bombers, according to the same source.
IS in 2014 proclaimed a cross-border "caliphate" in Syria and neighbouring Iraq, but has since lost most of that territory to separate offensives by Russia-backed regime troops and a US-backed Kurdish-Arab alliance.
The fighting in the town over the past 24 hours has killed 30 pro-regime fighters, the Observatory said.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог