A fiery blast from a vape pen killed a man earlier this month, authorities said.
A representative from Smok-E Mountain told ABC affiliate WFTS that it believed the problem was related to the device's atomizer or battery, and not the device itself.
Use vapes with safety features, including protection against overcharging. Lose yourself in the billowing, sweet mist'. The U.S. Fire Administration reports that "there were 195 separate e-cigarette fire and explosion incidents in the United States reported by the media between 2009 and 2016".
Gary Wilder told ABC he refuses to sell the devices, fearing they will overheat.
While the exact circumstances surrounding the explosion are unknown, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises against carrying e-cig batteries loose in pockets to avoid coming in contact with coins, keys or metal objects.
It is not known why the device blew up.
Buffalo Bills retiring Thurman Thomas' No. 34 jersey
Thomas played a major role on a Bills team that appeared in the Super Bowl on four consecutive occasions in the early 1990s. He's the only player in NFL history to lead the league in yards from scrimmage for four straight seasons.
Donald Against Donald: Tusk 'Thanks' Trump for Iran Nuclear Deal Failure
Tusk said EU leaders would use the summit to discuss the Iran deal along with innovation, the European future for the western Balkans, and Trump's trade policies.
Your Body Clock is Associated With Mood Disorders
But the findings "reinforce the idea that mood disorders are associated with disturbed circadian rhythms", said Lyall. That is the discovery from a study of more than 90,000 people by the researchers at the University of Glasgow .
"Lithium ion batteries fail in other devices as well, but in a laptop, it's on your lap", he said.
The explosion sent two pieces of the vape pen into his cranium, the report said. When police officers arrived at the scene, they found D'Elia with burns covering 80 percent of his body and a wound to the top of his lip area.
D'Elia's obituary said he was a television producer and recently moved to Florida with his wife, Maria Lamberti. D'Elia was apparently using a higher wattage vaping pen that came packaged with a more powerful battery.
He added: 'It's like having a small. firecracker in your hand.
And a vape pen exploded in a man's trousers in 2016 in New York, NBC4 reported.
FEMA recently reported that there were nearly 200 incidents involving exploding vape pens between 2000 and 2016, but D'Elia is the first person in the USA to die as a effect.